Find out how you can recruit
on the OH Jobsboard.
Baltic Creative CIC is growing and we are looking for a practical planner who can think creatively and has experience in property, customer service and/or events. With the launch of our new Digital House serving 17 new tech and digital businesses your role will span across both our Digital space and our Northern Lights Arts and maker space. You’ll have operational duties but you will also be responsible for curating community across these fantastic spaces.
The role of the NL&DHOO is to support the on-going operations of Northern Lights and Baltic Creative Digital House. Both of these spaces support various sectors of Creative Digital Art, Creativity, Digital and Tech industries. Baltic Creative champions itself as ‘the’ space for creative and digital businesses in the north-west and with our growth, we need more staff
You are expected to work to tight deadlines, and the post-holder is responsible for key areas and providing administrative support to Baltic Creative’s Management team.
This role will include both operational activities but also community support and programme development.
As a member of the growing team at Baltic Creative CIC (Northern Lights Liverpool Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baltic Creative CIC) we expect that you will take responsibility for yourself and perform your duties to a high standard in terms of quantity and quality whatever you do and wherever you do your job. Our strong commitment to customer service means that as a Baltic Creative / Northern Lights team member you are expected to undertake any reasonable task that supports this and to actively contribute to improving our services.
In return, you will be supported by your Line Manager (MD) through supervision and support, listening, induction training, further training and development and the best resources that we are able to provide to help you give your best.
Within this context the post holder is responsible for the following main functions:
- Act as the first point of contact for all tenants, contractors and stakeholders at Northern Lights and Digital
- Provide tenant liaison and assist in the development of excellent landlord services that meet the diverse and
unique needs of the artistic,creative, digital and tech communities at Northern Lights and Digital House.
- To request landlord services through the Baltic Creative Management Team including planned and
responsive maintenance and oversee those works on site including the provision of site security and
cleaning contractors. To seek on-going support form the Management Team to ensure these services are
delivered to the standard required.
- All purchases / purchase orders of products and services are to be placed through the Management Team at
Baltic Creative in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Provide quality customer care and services that distinguishes Northern Lights and Digital House as the destination landlord for artists, makers,creatives, digital and tech businesses operating in the North West.
- Working with the Management Team to help market Northern Lights and Digital House to support existing tenants, whilst attracting new tenants that enhance the portfolio of the scheme. This Includes contributing to the upkeep and delivery of Baltic Creative and Northern Lights websites and socials in order to achieve and sustain maximum lettings and open potential markets – All done within Baltic Creative’s Marketing guidelines.
- Support the tenant portfolio of Northern Lights and Digital House in pursuing commercial opportunities individually and collectively.
- Develop cross sector relationships in order to broker support for tenants and establish Northern Lights and Digital House as learning creative and digital environments.
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director and service meetings including maintaining electronic and paper-based record systems as required.
- Develop and maintain systems to effectively deal with customer suggestions, compliments and/or complaints.
- Work with the Baltic Creative Management Team to develop and deliver a varied number and type of events through Northern Lights, Digital House and within the Baltic Triangle area.
- Work with the team to develop a range of marketing material and literature both digital and hard copy.
- Maintain and update mailing lists both contacts, tenant lists and tenant enquiries.
- Be on-call on a rota basis with other management staff (one week per month) to deal with out-of-hours security issues / alarms.
- Manage and co-ordinate access to the buildings for contractors, visitors and delegations.
- Be the go-between and first point of contact for both spaces for tenants providing good and clear communication about what is allowed and isn’t allowed in the spaces.